[Geany-devel] geany-plugins depends on GIO

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Thu Oct 28 16:47:54 UTC 2010

Le 28/10/2010 18:08, Nick Treleaven a écrit :
> Hi,
> I just tried running ./autogen.sh and got this:
>
> checking for GIO... configure: error: Package requirements (gio-2.0)
> were not met:
>
> No package 'gio-2.0' found
> make[1]: *** [config.status] Error 1
>
> I think this may be due to build/treebrowser.m4 not disabling itself if
> GIO is not found.
Hum, right. It seems that if the ACTION-IF-NOT-FOUND of
PKG_CHECK_MODULES is provided but empty, it still does the default
action... Because this dependency isn't necessary.

Anyway, I had a patch to make the build of treebrowser conditional, but
wasn't applied yet (AFAICT, Adrian didn't understood the changes enough
to make a decision -- and I wouldn't certainly blame him for this, it's
quite complicated ATM...). Just needed to update it a bit, so here it is.
It includes the fix not to strongly depend on GIO (just put stuff as the
ACTION-IF-NOT-FOUND arg, here a notification). If you (Adrian, Nick,
whoverer) don't like the full the conditional build, you can just take
this part (or I can provide a patch).

Regards,
Colomban