[Geany-devel] Scintilla Lua lexers for syntax highlighting

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Oct 22 13:00:52 UTC 2010

Hi list,
A while ago Lex and I discussed improving custom filetypes, and the
most promising thing was using Lua lexers.

*This is not a clear idea for adding support yet.*

Here follows snippets of the discussion and some new links at the end.

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 13:39:34 +0100
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> > > GeanyLua is for scripting, I was talking about a Scintilla Lua lexing
> > > addon - apparently SciTE now has support for this:
> > >
> > > http://www.scintilla.org/ScriptLexer.html
> >
> > Interesting, I wasn't aware of this.  Does it work in Geany?
>
> Geany has no support for it, I haven't looked at how SciTE does it.

Found the original project that does this (the next version of
SciTE will have support for this):
http://code.google.com/p/scintillua/
http://code.google.com/p/scintillua/wiki/LexerList

Haven't looked at it really but it mentions universal color schemes, so
I'll investigate sometime - this could be useful for adding named
styles.

Nick