[Geany-devel] File type icons?

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Fri Oct 22 00:30:27 UTC 2010

Le 21/10/2010 19:08, Colomban Wendling a écrit :
> Le 21/10/2010 17:19, Nick Treleaven a écrit :
>> On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 17:59:28 +0200
>> Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:

>>> Joined is an updated patch, thanks to Andrian Dimitrov for finding
>>> gtk_icon_size_lookup() :)
>>
>> I like the idea but haven't examined the patches yet. If it makes sense
>> can you combine the patches into one to review as it's a bit confusing
>> at the moment.
> OK, no problem. Which one would you have combined? All stuff needed for
> the one that adds filetype->icon, or also the one that uses these icons
> in the Documents sidebar?

Anyway, I join here the following updated patches against HEAD.
Main ones:

0001-Add-MIME-type-to-GeanyFiletype.patch:
 * Adds MIME type to GeanyFiletype for every filetype. If I didn't find
   the actual file type, it is set to text/plain and have a FIXME

0002-Add-filetype-icon.patch:
 * Adds icon to each and every filetype. Depends on the previous patch,
   0001-Add-MIME-type-to-GeanyFiletype.patch.

0003-Add-filetype-specific-icon-to-the-document-list-side.patch
 * Use filetype's icon in the Document sidebar as the file's icon.
   Depends on the previous patch, 0002-Add-filetype-icon.patch.

And some additional patch that may also be interesting:

0003-Add-filetype-icon-to-the-editor-notebook-popup.patch:
 * Display filetype's icon in the notebook's editor popup menu. Depends
   on 0002-Add-filetype-icon.patch.

0002-Add-MIME-type-filtering-in-file-chooser-dialog.patch:
 * Very short patch, adds MIME-type based filtering for file filtering.

Basically you can trust the heading number for the dependency, > 0 means
it has a dependency on another patch.

The combined patch(es) will come separately in a few minutes for less
confusion.

Best regards,
Colomban