[Geany-devel] Unhide preferences

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Thu Oct 21 15:58:43 UTC 2010

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 12:25:46 +0100
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 21:00:40 +0300
> Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes... Some settings will probabbly work automatically, for example
> > editor ones, and others may be easily reloadable, but I too don't want
> > deep changes just to make _all_ prefs "appliable".
>
> You're right, perhaps we could separate hidden prefs that need
> restarting and those that don't.

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 09:56:27 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have two sections of the editor (or separate into two tabs), one for
> prefs that don't need restart and one for those that do with
> appropriate warning.  Of course that needs to have that attribute
> associated with the preference some how.

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 12:25:46 +0100
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> I wasn't thinking about visually separating the prefs. Perhaps this
> could be done by having 2 different treeview parent items, rather than
> having to switch tabs (as Lex suggests). That way the user can see all
> hidden prefs on screen at once.

I think a "You need to restart Geany for this setting to take effect"
in the editing/infomration area below the list will suffice. Using
the x11 SM reverse option parsing, even a "Restart Now" button can be
written. :) But all that's secondary.

There isn't much entusiasm about $subject, but at least nobody is
against the idea. So I'll give it a try this weekend.

--
E-gards: Jimmy