[Geany-devel] Unhide preferences

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Oct 19 16:46:23 UTC 2010

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 19:01:10 +0300
Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:

> What do you think about creating a firefox-about:config-like interface
> for the hidden preferences? For example, a "Various" tab in the
> preferences dialog, with a "name value" list, a check button or a
> text entry (depending on the currenttly selected element), and a
> link to www.geany.org/manual/current/#hidden-preferences.
>
> That'll take some time to write, for example to check that all changes
> are applied immediately, but I'm willing to do it, if you think it's a
> good idea. The stash provides a good base for such an interface.

It would be nice for the user. However, it would mean all hidden prefs
would need to be made reloadable. I don't want to do that really.

The feature could still be implemented, but require that the user
restart after editing a setting. An info area could be shown reminding
the user to restart.

Perhaps the feature should be implemented as a plugin, but could be
shipped with Geany.

Nick