[Geany-devel] project indentation settings saved incorrectly

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Sun Oct 17 16:34:07 UTC 2010

Hi,

I knew since some time that, when the project indentation settings are
changed, the previous settings are applied instead of the new ones.
Recently this was somewhat "whitewashed" by the pre-file indentation
settings, but the previous settings are still written in the project
file. It seems to me (haven't tested, sorry) that the problem lies in
the following code block in show_project_properties():

	while (gtk_dialog_run(GTK_DIALOG(e->dialog)) == GTK_RESPONSE_OK)
	{
		if (update_config(e))
		{
			g_signal_emit_by_name(geany_object,
"project-dialog-confirmed", e->notebook);
			write_config(TRUE);
			ui_set_statusbar(TRUE, _("Project \"%s\"
saved."), app->project->name);
			stash_group_update(indent_group, e->dialog);
			break;
		}
	}

Here, if I read it correctly, first the dialog settings are read
and applied (except for indentation), then the project file is saved,
and last (why?) the indentation settings are read. How about moving
stash_group_update() before or after update_config()? Or maybe into
update_config(), where the other values are read?

--
E-gards: Jimmy