[Geany-devel] altername session management implementation

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at xxxxx
Fri Oct 8 17:16:43 UTC 2010

On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 19:55:28 +0300%
Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 06:05:11 +0400
> Eugene Arshinov <earshinov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 10:56:19 +0300%
> > Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Eugene, if you're going to combine the X SM implementatons
> > > someday, using the "alternate" save/restore instance, be sure to
> > > revert this change (or find a workaround, but I don't think it's
> > > worth).
> > >

> > Thanks much for info, I'll take it into account.
>
> Something worse: an "Open files in Geany at the same workspace", no
> matter how implemented, will be problematic for your current session
> save/restore. main_save() saves geany.conf for the primary instance,
> but there will be several primaries - one per desktop...
>
> You can switch to "alternate", or lock/unlock geany.conf, or traverse
> the sockets. But traversing seems unreliable, a socket may be checked
> shortly before or after an instance dies.

Actually I would prefer switching to alternate :-)  But currently I
don't have free time to work on this, so SM branch will stay outdated
for a while…

Best regards,
Eugene.