[Geany-devel] update GNU regex - Re: What's the point of compiling geany without regex support?

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Oct 5 15:03:45 UTC 2010

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 21:47:08 +0200
Jiří Techet <techet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Attached you'll find a patch that updates the regex library to the
> latest version from glibc. This removes the warnings Lex was
> experiencing on a 64bit machine. I looked at how ctags does it and
> made the patch in a similar way.

I'm not sure if the glibc version will build on Windows. I don't have a
Windows build environment set up ATM to try it.

It might be best to use the version from latest CTags. The
gnu_regex/README.txt says:
"Minor changes were made to eliminate compiler errors and warnings."

Using the same version as CTags could potentially also prevent any
regex-incompatibility bugs with CTags parsers.

Regards,
Nick