[Geany-devel] patch for search case sensitivity

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun Nov 28 22:33:21 UTC 2010

On 28 November 2010 22:18, Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 18:25:47 +0100
> "Dipl.-Ing. Michael Niederle" <mniederle at gmx.at> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>
> Hi.
>
>> Geany has a lot of features I like. One of the rare nuisances is the
>> "Find"-dialog-box that rejects to set "Case sensitive" by default. There is an
>> option in the Geany configuration file for this but it is ignored by Geany.
>
> The "fif_" options are for the Find in Files dialog, so the patch is
> not OK.
>
> However, All, why are the FiF options saved, and the standard Find
> options are not? Doesn't make sense, and since I use Geany mostly for
> case-sensitive programming languages, the default case sensitive = off
> is really a nuisance.

Agree about the case sensitive.

I don't see any point in saving settings for find, in fact I think its
better if they always default to a known point.  Allowing the user to
configure the known point might be useful though, so case-sensitive vs
case insensitive default is user configurable.

AFAIU fif is saved because of the files filter, you don't want to have
to keep re-typing it.