[Geany-devel] scintilla update - Re: scintilla rectangle selection change

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Nov 28 13:04:37 UTC 2010

On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 16:59:06 +0000, Nick wrote:

>> Soon = now().
>>
>> I committed the new Scintilla version into the unstable branch. I
>> hope I did it right. The scintilla_changes.patch still needs to be
>> updated, will do this sometime later, though there were no other
>> changes I did to the sources, only removed unused lexers.
>
>Great. Looks like quite a big change (the directory structure changes).

Probably, although the big changes were in Scintilla. This time I just
adopted the original directory structure from the Scintilla project.
In the past, we merged the src and gtk folders into scintilla.
For the autotools based build system, I did it the easy way and used
one Makefile in scintilla/ which builds all source files of the
subdirectories instead of walking through the subdirectories.
This might be not the autotools way but as I'm not that familiar with
it, it was easier for me.
If I got it right, one had to build single (static) libraries for each
subdirectory and link them together afterwards.
If anyone wants to change this, feel free.

>> There might be more work necessary like updating lexer constants like
>> those for strings and comments in src/editor.c.
>
>BTW we moved the is_{comment,string,code}_style functions to
>highlighting.c, and they're now in the plugin API. I thought it was

D'oh. I'm not up2date with the code anymore. Shame on me.