[Geany-devel] geany-plugins depends on GIO - plugin API version checks

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Nov 24 12:54:52 UTC 2010

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 09:09:59 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> But the general consensus seems to be that people are happy to use
> static versioning and to keep conpiling (well it is the developer
> list) and either manually checking what has changed in an API/ABI
> break or (more probably) to hope that C's leaky type system catches
> any problem.

ABI checking is automatic, not manual (assuming the
PLUGIN_VERSION_CHECK() macro is used and not manually implemented
wrongly).

I would probably accept a patch for a runtime check of Geany's API
number. I'm not sure how it would be useful ATM.

Nick