[Geany-devel] scintilla rectangle selection change & 0.20 release

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Nov 23 12:25:42 UTC 2010

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:33:55 +0100
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:03:53 +0100, Dominic wrote:
>
> >Am Montag, den 22.11.2010, 13:03 +0000 schrieb Nick Treleaven:

> >> Yes, I think we could make the 0.20 release soon. If there are no
>
> Cool.
> I'll try to get some of the remaining Windows sorted soon.

Did you mean Windows bugs? While I can't really test on Windows ATM
it's possible I may be able to help fix them. Which ones are there?

> >> I think it would be best to put it in an 'unstable' branch. Last time
> >> we updated Scintilla just before the 0.19 release it introduced
> >> scrolling bugs.
>
> I agree.
> I just created the branch and will commit the updated Scintilla copy
> soon.

Great.

> >I tend to suggest this right the "inverse way", create a stable branch
> >to work towards the 0.20 release and continue the "unstable" work in
> >trunk...
>
> True.
> But we did it with the unstable branch in the past and it doesn't hurt.
> Not really a pro unstable branch argument but still a convenient side
> effect: using trunk for creating the Windows binaries is easier than
> cheching out a new branch :).

Although the stable branch pattern may be better, we're used to things
this way and some translators commit to trunk also. Probably we should
stay with the existing pattern for now but could perhaps change in the
future with plenty of notice.

One argument in favour of stable trunk is that more people test the
release (it's possible unstable changes hide release bugs).

Nick