[Geany-devel] Geany FTW

Simone Pellegrini spellegrini at xxxxx
Tue Nov 16 16:32:01 UTC 2010

Dear all,
I came across Geany after several years using Eclipse as IDE for C++ on
linux. Eclipse has some nice features but the C++ support is lacking,
plus the slowness of the JVM and the huge amount of memory it needs is
driving me crazy.

I really like geany as it uses scintilla, the only feature I feel is
missing is the intellisense like code competition for C++. I would like
to ask if anyone is working on a better code competition for C++. I am
not talking about ctags but something more advanced that can give me
code hints on the fly without the need of rebuilding the index.

cheers, Simone