[Geany-devel] geany-plugins depends on GIO

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Tue Nov 16 08:23:01 UTC 2010

Am 15.11.2010 23:49, schrieb Colomban Wendling:
> Le 15/11/2010 23:35, Frank Lanitz a écrit :
>> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 23:13:31 +0100
>> Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:

>>> I didn't saw Enrico's patch, but as I understand the thing it is more
>>> about updatechecker code change than autotools stuff.
>>>
>>> My patches only tries to make the plugin compile, and I think, work as
>>> it would work when compiled with Waf (so "as expected").
>>> But if the plugin should not use the compile-time Geany version, my
>>> patches should probably be changed a bit (the first become useless,
>>> and the second would then have to be updated not to depend on the
>>> first).
>>>
>>> So... up to you I think :)
>> Well, I just committed both as they did make sense to me (but in fact,
>> it was more like rolling dice ...).
> Well... cool then ^^ Anyway, I'd think that updating Updatechecker to
> use a runtime Geany version is probably another task than making it
> compile -- though, it is true that a part of the build system update
> would be useless after the update.

Well, agreed. In most cases it should work fine with compiled in version
number as most cases the API/ABI is changing with some major release.
But of course this will go into trouble with minor releases as we had
them with 0.19.1 or if anybody is remembering the 10.x ones :)

Well, however. I think a simple function which returns the version
string into plugin API would be enought or am I wrong? something that is
just doing a return GEANY_VERSION;

Cheers,
Frank