[Geany-devel] R Tags

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Nov 9 00:57:04 UTC 2010

On 9 November 2010 06:59, Jonathan Daily <biomathjdaily at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have tried various [options] iterations of "geany -g [options]" as well as
> trying the import tags command from inside geany on outputs from R's
> "rtags()" function, and I just cannot seem to get tags for R.

Step 1, if you open an R file do you get symbols in the sidebar?

This tests that Geany's R tag parser is in fact working.  But I'm not
sure how much information it gathers, it looks pretty simple.

Step 2.  to get tags for files that you don't want to have open all
the time (eg libraries) you use geany -g tagfile rfile

The tagfile has to be named correctly as per the documentation and
located in one of the places described in the documentation then Geany
has to be restarted and it should load the tags.

If you want to use a different source of tags such as rtags you will
have to ensure that the format conforms to that described in the Geany
documentation or convert it yourself.