[Geany-devel] Changed file saving implementation for systems with GIO

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Fri Nov 5 19:07:00 UTC 2010

On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 10:57:23 -0700
Jason Oster <jason.oster at campnavajo.com> wrote:

> On 11/05/2010 08:42 AM, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> >> But from an efficiency point of view its much more work.  Probably not
> >> a problem on a local filesystem, but on a remote filesystem it
> >> requires three transfers of the data instead of one, read the old file
> >> and write the backup then write the new file.
>
> At the risk of making an obvious suggestion, why not use "move/rename"
> instead of "copy"?  (I searched the list archives and couldn't find
> anything.)

Because when you move/rename filename to filename~, and create a new
filename, the permissions and links will be lost.

--
E-gards: Jimmy