[Geany-devel] Changed file saving implementation for systems with GIO

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Tue Nov 2 23:26:00 UTC 2010

Le 02/11/2010 19:11, Nick Treleaven a écrit :
> Hi list,
> To workaround bug(s) in GVFS, I've now changed the file saving
> implementation for systems with GIO in SVN trunk. See also:
>
> http://lists.uvena.de/geany-devel/2010-November/003412.html
>
> Please help test this. File permissions should be preserved after
> saving, and disk space exhaustion should now be handled without losing
> the previously saved file.
Interesting change, let's see what happens now -- this said I don't use
remote files often so I will probably not notice any change...

Just to mention (I just saw that the question raised in the original
thread, sorry not to have seen it before): you actually need to release
GFiles with g_object_unref(). I'd thought it would be quite obvious --
you create an object, you destroy it -- but seems not :)
So, here's a (very) small patch for this.

Best regards,
Colomban