[Geany-devel] Hi

Yura Siamashka yurand2 at xxxxx
Mon Nov 1 07:30:30 UTC 2010

On Mon, 1 Nov 2010 07:54:56 +0530
shan chak <shankholove at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Can anyone please help me in following things:
>
> 1. I believe the source control is svn?

Yes

> 2. Which are the libraries ( not standard C ones ) being used in geany?I
> figured out gtk+ 2, are there any more libraries ?

Other libraries are embedded in Geany (scintilla, tagmanager).

> 3. Can anybody mentor me?

Probably, no. If you have any questions about development just ask them here.

> 4. There is a lot of auto-generated code in geany, can I get a stripped
> source code which I can compile with plain gcc and and not use autogen.sh?
> It becomes a lot easier to understand then.

If you really don't like autotools you can use waf.

> 5. Which is the better way to start a) try to reproduce some bugs then
> create a patch or b) implement some requested feature?

See what you really want to add to Geany or fix bug that annoy you. (if you start working on something you don't need enthusiasm will expire very quickly)

> 6. Can I be assigned a bug or a feature request? OR is this voluntary?how
> does this works?

Just fix it and send a patch here.

--
Yura Siamashka <yurand2 at gmail.com>