[Geany-devel] Geany-Plugins: DATADIR -> GEANYPLUGINS_DATADIR

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue May 25 20:11:38 UTC 2010

On Sun, 23 May 2010 21:28:02 -0500, Oliver wrote:

Hey,

> Not to be a bother, but how will this effect windows/portablization?
> The current method of portablization for the windows package uses the
> -c "DATALOCATION" switch.  Will the plugins still use this specified

I guess you are talking about the Geany portable version for Windows?
Normal Geany installations on Windows don't use the -c switch and even
if, it doesn't change the data location but rather the location of the
configuration directory.

> directory or will they be using another directory?  I see this
> affecting a local windows installation in that if a user uses the
> switch to test something, either all plugins will be enabled, or have
> the same settings as before.

The mentioned changes shouldn't effect anything at runtime directly, as
it was just a rename of a C preprocessor macro, so any paths are
handled as before just that now some kind of a variable has a different
name.