[Geany-devel] altername session management implementation

Dimitar Zhekov hamster at xxxxx
Thu May 20 10:50:51 UTC 2010

On Thu, 20 May 2010 20:32:37 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> > No, no. The .geany files names used include the SM client id, which is
> > unique for each program (normally UUID-s).

small mistake: s/.geany files/.conf files/

> > The whole idea is that each Geany saves itself, without any relation
> > to the other running Geany-s.
> >
> Ok, I see great,  so when the X session re-starts all the Geanys re-load
> ok, but then what happens if I shut Geany instances down manually?
>
> Somewhere a non-session geany.conf must be written, does the last shut down
> win or what?

When you stop a geany with [x] or File -> Quit, it's no more part of
the x11 session, so the SM executes it's discard command, which
removes it's geany-smclientid-conf file.

Aside from that, the standard geany quit is unaltered. It does what it
ever did.

--
E-gards: Jimmy