[Geany-devel] altername session management implementation

Dimitar Zhekov hamster at xxxxx
Thu May 20 09:46:29 UTC 2010

On Thu, 20 May 2010 19:05:24 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe I missed something, but what happens to configuration under this plan
> when instances are manually closed and re-opened?
>
> Which of the .conf files is used when the first is manually opened, the
> second is manually opened etc.

The x11 session .conf files are used only temporarily when a geany is
stopped/started by the session manager. Everything else remains as is.

Strictly speaking, when a program registers itself as a x11 session
client, the SM immediately sends it a SmSaveLocal; and if your SM
supports a list of sessions, it sends a SmSaveLocal or SmSaveBoth
when the user explicitly saves a session. Of course, these use the x11
session .conf files too.

--
E-gards: Jimmy