[Geany-devel] Prevent un-needed save as

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun May 16 03:07:18 UTC 2010

Hi,

This came up on thread "[Geany-devel] Safe file saving - permissions issue"
but isn't actually a problem with the filesystem, its just exposed by
filesystem problems.

When a file goes missing and the user does not choose to save or close it,
if it is reloaded after the file reappears, Geany still asks for a save as
when it only needs to save.

The save as dialog is a problem for users on slow network filesystems as it
queries all the files in the directory (if the directories are so large they
should have been broken up :).  Of course users on slow network connections
are also the most likely to have files go missing.

Attached patch (against r4917) re-sets the real_path of the file on reloads,
has been running for me all day with no issues but I only have local
filesystems @Jon can you test?