[Geany-devel] Get the name of terminal in Geany

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat May 8 12:28:36 UTC 2010

On Fri, 7 May 2010 20:10:59 +0200, Lai wrote:

Hi,

> Does anyone know how to get the name of the terminal in Geany (ex:
> "/dev/pts/0") in a program? In fact, I need the name of the terminal
> to use it in my debug tool. I use the language C.

not sure how to get this information.
We probably can query it in Geany's core but this wouldn't help you as
there is no VTE plugin API (yet? this is another topic).

Alternatively, you could use Geany's PID and search for a child process
which is a shell and take its PTY value. This should work however the
interesting part would be to find a 'shell process' in the list of
Geany's child processes. Not completely sure whether and how it is
possible.

What exactly do you want to do?
Maybe some details help to find a solution.