[Geany-devel] [patch] Improved documents list sorting

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun May 2 21:52:27 UTC 2010

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 19:04:13 +0200, Thomas wrote:

>Am 29.04.2010 17:46, schrieb Enrico Tröger:

>> For project files, gtk_recent_manager_add_item() isn't called at all.
>> It is only used when opening single files.
>>

>Then I find it strange that commenting out the calls had an effect
>actually.

Me too. In my tests, I could reproduce Colomban's report of heavy disk
IO and lightning HDD led. After I commented out the
gtk_recent_manager_add_item() call, the disk IO was gone and loading of
files was faster. But I'm really sure this code isn't called when
opening projects. If in doubt, just add a simple debug output shortly
before or after the call in the code or use a debugger and set a
breakpoint. If it is hit, I'm probably wrong :).