[Geany-devel] [Plugin API feature request] Please add symbols_get_context_separator() to the plugin API

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sat May 1 18:28:42 UTC 2010

Hi!

I need the feature of symbols_get_context_separator() in GeanyGenDoc to
bypass that annoying behavior of the tag manager that is
file-type-specific scope separator.
I think the only reliable way to get this separator is to use this
function that would probably evolve together with the tagmanager.

Then, I would definitely appreciate to have it in the plugin API not to
need to have an up-to-date copy of it that reflects the current
tagmanager's use.

Since there is currently no symbols_* functions exported to the plugin
API I don't know if you think it is a good idea, but if a patch that
adds SymbolsFuncs and symbols_get_context_separator() (and more if
needed) would be applied, I could write it :)

Best regards,
Colomban