[Geany-devel] Perl 5.8 vs. 5.10 and default Perl Compile command

Dominic Hopf dmaphy at xxxxx
Tue Mar 30 22:24:45 UTC 2010

Am Dienstag, den 30.03.2010, 23:21 +0200 schrieb Enrico Tröger:
> Hey guys,
>
> I just noticed, newer Perl 5.10 distributions don't have the
> B/Bytecode module included anymore. This is what we used in
> the past as the default Compile command[1] for the filetype Perl.
> The idea was to perform a syntax check this way.
>
> It seems with 5.10 this module doesn't exist anymore or at least
> isn't shipped anymore with the default Perl distribution.
> But instead, Perl 5.10 has a -c command line option which also
> does a syntax check. I guess this is enough for our needs to be used as
> the *default* Compile command.
>
> Since Perl 5.10 isn't really new anymore, I think we could
> change the Compile command.
>
> But I guess some of you, Nick, Dominic, ... know Perl much better
> than me and so can maybe judge a bit better.

I think it's okay to change the default compile command to
`perl -c "%f"`. I actually already did this for me a few weeks ago. :)

Regards,
Dominic

--
Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at googlemail.com>

http://dominichopf.de/

Key Fingerprint:
A7DF C4FC 07AE 4DDC 5CA0 BD93 AAB0 6019 CA7D 868D