[Geany-devel] Waf -O0 set - Re: SF.net SVN: geany:[4763] trunk

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Mar 17 13:48:02 UTC 2010

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:24:13 +0100
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> >Do we really want to force -O0 for wscript SVN builds?
>
> Nah, that was a funny mistake :).
> I committed the other changes of the revision 4763 and while waiting
> for the commit to finish, I added -O0 to test something and then
> accidentally hit Ctrl-S to save too early and so this change got
> committed as well by Subversion.

I did that once but managed to Ctrl-C subversion luckily. I think Git
doesn't have this problem.

> I'll revert it, also in the geany-plugins' wscript where it was since a
> long time though I'm not sure why I added it, it definitely makes no
> sense to add compiler-specific compile flags to the build system.
> Sorry.

No problem, glad it's resolved now, thanks.

> >Also, as I don't know Waf well, does it only support building with gcc?
>
> No, it also supports icc and mscc, though I never tested those.

Cool - I don't use them personally but nice to know.

Regards,
Nick