[Geany-devel] treebrowser plugin

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Tue Mar 16 16:03:47 UTC 2010

Am 16.03.2010 16:50, schrieb Enzo Matrix:
> Hello all,
>
> just will post remaked source of treebrowser plugin,
> any bug reports and idea are welcome.
>
> Now i have problems with writing/reading an config options (just don`t
> know how to start, there is no integrated APIs for this)
> It will be really nice and useful if there are  function in geany to
> write configs
> may be somethink like this
>
> gboolean plugin_option_set(gchar *plugin, gchar *key, gchar *type,
> gpointer *val);
> gboolean plugin_option_get(gchar *plugin, gchar *key, gpointer val);
>
> I was trying to write but without any success, will try again :)
>
> However, the plugin had no configuration dialog yet, it is really
> early for such function i am thinking about the logic yet, and I know
> the function 'treebrowser_browse' is really big junk now, but doesn`t
> matter, te plugin is in development status :)

It's basically a pain for everyone else to help you work on code without
some sort of version/source control system. I recommend you to work as
part of the geany-plugins project with svn to make it easier to follow
your changes and help you out. Especially during (early) development svn
and co make things easier for everyone.

For example, I for one, am much to lazy to figure out how to actually
build your plugin and integrate it, just to see how far you are, given
that you only uploaded the .c file so I'm unlikely to help you. OTOH the
geany-plugins project has a ready-made build system that does everything
for you.

Best regards.