[Geany-devel] plugin dev question

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sat Mar 13 15:40:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 20:13:59 -0600
Chuck Tilbury <chucktilbury at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 7:52 PM, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
> I removed
> the package and then did a "make uninstall" to get it right.  I built it
> from the source available in the web page and the demo plugin now loads and
> seems fine.

Which version of Geany did you install?

> I had another problem with building the add-ons, though.  After taking care
> of the dependencies given by ./configure, I tried to get and build
> the geany-plugins-0.18 files and many of the plugins refused to build
> because of inaccessible header files.

If you are using Geany 0.19 it most likely will not compile 0.18th
release plugins. You will also need to configure and build current svn
version of geany-plugins.

> I created a directory of
> /usr/include/geany and copied the files from .../geany_svn/src/*.h there,
> but there are still others that appear to be missing and that I don't have
> installed anywhere.  The plugins that failed are:
> # addons \
> # geanydoc \
> # geanylipsum \
> # geanylua \

This shouldn't be needed, as make install is doing this already.

> It looks like I have enough to get started on a macro recorder.  Am I
> correct in thinking that the demo plugin has the correct message loop that I
> want to tap into?

The demo plugi is a first step into building a plugin. Reading
http://www.geany.org/manual/reference/howto.html might also be a good
idea for the start.

Of course, reading all the plugins inside geany-plugins in case of any
qeustion might can help you - as well as asking on geany-devel mailing
list ;)

Cheers,
Frank
--