[Geany-devel] geany bug saving execute commands

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Mar 12 22:16:51 UTC 2010

On 13 March 2010 00:16, Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> There seems to be a bug in trunk if you edit an execute command field
> then restart Geany, the changes aren't saved.
>
> Regards,
> Nick

Hi Nick,

I can only get it to fail if you set the commands when the filetype is none.

This is because executes are saved in the filetypes file and the function
filetypes_save_commands() starts at index 1 not 0 so no commands are saved
for filetype none.

Same happens for the filetype commands as well of course.

Options are:

1. give filetypes none an extension (currently NULL) and let it save
2. make filetype and execute rows of the dialog insensitive if the filetype
is none

I favour option 1 since filetype none is a valid filetype (you can set it
from the document menu) so why can't a user define commands for a filetype
that Geany doesn't understand yet.

Example use case is editing the test file for the domain specific language
they are developing the compiler/interpretor for.