[Geany-devel] plugin dev question

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Mar 11 01:52:23 UTC 2010

On 11 March 2010 11:40, Chuck Tilbury <chucktilbury at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 6:16 PM, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> <snip>
>>

>> Aha,
>>
>> I assume this means that you have more than one Geany at different
>> prefixes?
>>
>> There is a problem with plugins in that situation, the autoconf/make
>> builder gets the wrong prefix and so makes the plugins with the wrong
>> version.
>> But since you made the demoplugin separately it works ok.
>>
>> This bug has been raised to the autoconf maintainer but I've not seen it
>> fixed.  AFAIK the WAF builder works ok so you might want to use that.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Lex
>>
>> PS ignore my comment about .lo and .la files, I wasn't paying attention,
>> they are of course libtool files.  But they "shouldn't" be needed to run
>> just to link.
>>

> So I will clean out the previous install and reinstall.  That should fix
> the issue, correct?
>
> The only files that I know of are in these areas:
> /usr/bin/geany
> /usr/lib/geany/
> /usr/lib/geany-plugins/
> /home/me/.config/geany/
>
> Is there anything else?
>
> -=c=-

You could try make uninstall :-)

Well a nice clean install allways helps :-), but it HAS to be the same
version as you are building the plugin for since the autotools is hard coded
to use the standard Geany prefix for plugins.

As I said above I am told by "Prolific Plugin Programmers" that the waf
version will handle plugins properly to any prefix, but I havn't used it
yet.

PS please reply to the list, not to me, so other people can see and
interrupt any time either of us is talking garbage :-)