[Geany-devel] plugin dev question

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Mar 11 00:16:27 UTC 2010

<snip>

For what it is worth,  I think my build environment has a problem.  I
> rebuilt from scratch and now none of the plugins load, only the demo:
>
> Did I mess something up?
>
> ** INFO: Geany 0.19, GTK+ 2.18.3, GLib 2.22.3
> ** INFO: Added filetype Genie (48).
> ** INFO: Loaded:   /home/ctilbury/.config/geany/plugins/demoplugin.so
> (Demo)
> ** INFO: Plugin "/usr/lib/geany/addons.so" is not binary compatible with
> this release of Geany - recompile it.
> ** INFO: Plugin "/usr/lib/geany/classbuilder.so" is not binary compatible
> with this release of Geany - recompile it.
> ** INFO: Plugin "/usr/lib/geany/export.so" is not binary compatible with
> this release of Geany - recompile it.
> ** INFO: Plugin "/usr/lib/geany/filebrowser.so" is not binary compatible
> with this release of Geany - recompile it.
> ** INFO: Plugin "/usr/lib/geany/geanylatex.so" is not binary compatible
> with this release of Geany - recompile it.
> ** INFO: Plugin "/usr/lib/geany/geanylua.so" is not binary compatible with
> this release of Geany - recompile it.
> ** INFO: Plugin "/usr/lib/geany/saveactions.so" is not binary compatible
> with this release of Geany - recompile it.
> ** INFO: Plugin "/usr/lib/geany/spellcheck.so" is not binary compatible
> with this release of Geany - recompile it.
> ** INFO: Plugin "/usr/lib/geany/splitwindow.so" is not binary compatible
> with this release of Geany - recompile it.
> ** INFO: Plugin "/usr/lib/geany/geanyvc.so" is not binary compatible with
> this release of Geany - recompile it.
> ** INFO: /home/ctilbury/Src/geany_svn/plugins/demoplugin.c : C (UTF-8)
> ** INFO: Loaded /usr/local/share/geany//c99.tags (C), 1618 tag(s).
> ** INFO: /home/ctilbury/Src/geany_svn/plugins/export.c : C (UTF-8)
> ** INFO: Quitting...
> ** INFO: Unloaded: /home/ctilbury/.config/geany/plugins/demoplugin.so

Aha,

I assume this means that you have more than one Geany at different prefixes?

There is a problem with plugins in that situation, the autoconf/make builder
gets the wrong prefix and so makes the plugins with the wrong version.
But since you made the demoplugin separately it works ok.

This bug has been raised to the autoconf maintainer but I've not seen it
fixed.  AFAIK the WAF builder works ok so you might want to use that.

PS ignore my comment about .lo and .la files, I wasn't paying attention,
they are of course libtool files.  But they "shouldn't" be needed to run
just to link.