[Geany-devel] Build command labels as buttons

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Mar 10 23:05:45 UTC 2010

On 11 March 2010 09:08, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11 March 2010 04:19, Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I've made a screenshot (attached) of the Build Commands dialog using
>> buttons for the menu item labels instead of text entries. This is
>> because:
>>
>> 1. It makes it clear that menu labels don't normally need to be edited.
>> 2. It displays the mnemonic correctly.
>>
>> Clicking the button can still allow setting the menu item text via a
>> dialog prompt, and there would be a tooltip to say this.
>>
>> Good idea?
>>

> It is an "unusual" UI paradigm so I am not sure ...
>
> It might have to be tried to see if it improves or damages the ease of use.
>
> Cheers
> Lex

The other thing I thought of (belatedly, sorry) is that for the plugin
configuration dialog in version build-system 2.0 I was going to make editing
the details in a sub-dialog.  Does it make sense if the button shows that
sort of sub-dialog for the built-in config?