[Geany-devel] plugin dev question

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Mar 10 22:19:52 UTC 2010

On 11 March 2010 07:28, Chuck Tilbury <chucktilbury at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am running Ubuntu 9.10 with Gnome.
>
> I attempted to build and install the demoplugin without success.  I
> followed the instructions in the source code to install it, ie, to copy the
> plugin to ~/.config/geany/plugins.  I also copied the demoplugin.so and
> demoplugin.la files to /usr/lib/geany.
>
> What did I miss?
> -=chuck=-

Which version of Geany?

I assume you did the cd plugins; make demoplugin.so and then copied
demoplugin.so to ~/.config/geany/plugins and re-started geany all without
any errors or messages?

When you say no success, what do you mean, it didn't appear in the plugin
manager or it didn't load when you selected it, or...?

Try running geany with the verbose -v option and see what it says.

The .la files are demo lua plugins and are not associated with the C one,
you can safely ignore them.