[Geany-devel] Macro recorder?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Mar 10 00:31:31 UTC 2010

On 10 March 2010 10:39, Chuck Tilbury <chucktilbury at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My name is Chuck Tilbury and this is my first post to this list.
>
> I was wondering if anyone is working on a macro recorder for Geany.  I am
> thinking of something along the lines of JEdit or Komodo's keyboard recorder
> functionality.  If no one is working on that, then how easy would that be to
> implement in a plugin?  Does it sound like some that people would use?  Are
> there any issues the would prevent implementation?
>
> Thanks,
> -=chuck=-

This would be very useful to me.

I had some thoughts about it and quick discussions about using emission
hooks in a plugin to grab keyboard input and record it, then re-play it by
emitting the events.

This means minimal changes and interaction needed with the main Geany code.

Seemed feasible, ATM I'm doing other major changes so its on the backburner.

Feel free to progress it :-)