[Geany-devel] [Patch] Avoid crash when opening project properties dialog

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Mar 9 17:39:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 19:48:39 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> > ft is NULL there, which looks like a valid value, since ft is tested for
> > NULL explicitly in line 1878. So I propose the following patch.

> Thanks, one more change is needed, ft isn't initialised to NULL so on my
> machine it doesn't crash :-S, needs the declaration of ft to be initialised
> to NULL so your test will reliably fail if ft isn't set.
>
> I will have to get a clean copy of trunk to apply the patch to (mine is full
> of changes :-) but will do so as soon as possible if no one beats me to it.

Oops, doc->file_type is never NULL now so I assumed ft never was.

BTW is a separate ft argument necessary if we have doc?

Regards,
Nick