[Geany-devel] [Patch] - Improve PHP parser (call tips)

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Mar 8 22:34:26 UTC 2010

Lex Trotman wrote:
> Gentlemen please, no flame wars.
>
> @Can, Thomas is correct, a commit can't be undone, even if its revented
> the message is still in the records.  Better to concentrate on
> explaining why the regex needs changing.  Everyone makes mistakes.
>
> @Enrico, Nick and Can are right, the regex [abc|def] matches any one of
> characters 'a', 'b', 'c', '|', 'd', 'e', 'f' not the sequences "abc or
> "def" that (abc|def) matches.  There is no way of grouping without
> saving a match unless the regex engine supports the non-capturing (?:  )
> operator.
>
> Cheers
> Lex
Haha, I was about to say something like that

Can Koy wrote:
> Actually, I'm very uncomfortable with my name being
> recorded in that patch's log (r4729). That regex is funny,
> it exhibits an ignorance in the subject and it's not what I
> submitted. So, I demand my name removed from the logs for
> that patch.
If it is a so big deal for you to be quoted as author of a patch you
actually don't fully approves, I think Enrico (or somebody else) could
perhaps commit a fix with the appropriate errata (and it could even fix
the ChangeLog). Just keep calm, cool, fresh, and I guess anything could
be fixed - unless technicals limitations, as already reported.

Regards,
Colomban