[Geany-devel] multiple instance save-settings - Re: Race condition when saving geany.conf

Dominic Hopf dmaphy at xxxxx
Fri Mar 5 21:49:23 UTC 2010

Am Freitag, den 05.03.2010, 16:54 +0000 schrieb Nick Treleaven:

> > > I really like this idea. It is simple to understand, rather
> > > convenient and uniform with the behaviour of "new-instances", i.e.,
> > > those instances should not touch any global data, either the default
> > > session or the settings.
> > >

> > Shouldn't it just bring the existing instance on top without creating a
> > new instance? That's what I would expect (i.e. you only get a new
> > instance if you use -i).
>
> The idea is that the user can just click the desktop icon to get a new
> window. Raising an existing window is a Window Manager function IMO.

That's exactly the behaviour I'd expect too. :)

Regards,
Dominic

--
Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at googlemail.com>

http://dominichopf.de/

Key Fingerprint:
A7DF C4FC 07AE 4DDC 5CA0 BD93 AAB0 6019 CA7D 868D