[Geany-devel] Improving PHP parser

Harold Aling geany at xxxxx
Thu Mar 4 14:04:15 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 14:28, Can Koy <cankoy at ymail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Anybody working on improving PHP parser in tagmanager?
> If not, I intend to have a look at it this weekend. Primary objective is to add calltips.
> I could use some example code or any other pointer about regex callbacks in ctags (other than the sample in ctags).

If you could give the PHP parser some love, it would be most welcome!
I've updated the regexes a few times in the past, but I'm just a PHP
programmer/scripter who doesn't understand anything of C.

> Primary objective is to add calltips.

Does this mean that Geany will be able to display paramaters for user
defined functions? That would be awesome!!!

I have a few other items on my wishlist, if you're interested:
* On-the-fly symbol detection (it requires a save action now)
* Add variable names delared in function calls: function my_func($var1
= test, $var2) { }.
* Add variable names declared in a list: list($var1, $var2) = $array;
* Add variable names delared in a function callback: if ($var1 = my_func()) { }

Unfortunately, I'm unavailable this weekend due to the fact I've been
born 30 years before that, so I'm not able to test anything until
Tuesday/Wednesday...

Good luck and thank you very much! \o/

-H-