[Geany-devel] [Patch] - Fix keyboard accelerator on Resave Missing File dialog.

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Mar 3 21:15:44 UTC 2010

On 2 March 2010 22:41, Eugene Arshinov <earshinov at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 13:07:55 +1100%
> Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 2 March 2010 09:53, Can Koy <cankoy at ymail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > OK, you send a patch then.
> > >

> > Well, since the question is "Try to resave the file?" I'd suggest that
> > GTK_STOCK_YES and GTK_STOCK_NO be used since they are a more direct
> > answer to the question than apply/cancel are.  And that makes the
> > mnemonics different.
> >
> > What do others think?
> >

> I completely agree. Yes/no is more natural in this case.
>
> Best regards,
> Eugene.

Nick pointed out in another post that this is contrary to the Gnome HIG and
it requires reading the text to answer correctly.  He suggests that the
accept/yes should be _Save to indicate what should be done.

This agrees with the example save alert given in the HIG which has:

"Close _without saving", "_Cancel" and "_Save" as the buttons.

The HIG also points out that the question should be in the primary text, the
secondary text is for extra information.  So I suggest that there be no
secondary text and primary text be "File \"%s\" was not found on disk,\ntry
to resave?"