[Geany-devel] multiple instance save-settings - Re: Race condition when saving geany.conf

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Tue Mar 2 17:50:28 UTC 2010

On 02.03.2010 13:23, Eugene Arshinov wrote:
>> (If a second instance of geany is run without passing filenames to the
>> first, -i is implied).
>>

> I really like this idea. It is simple to understand, rather
> convenient and uniform with the behaviour of "new-instances", i.e.,
> those instances should not touch any global data, either the default
> session or the settings.

Shouldn't it just bring the existing instance on top without creating a
new instance? That's what I would expect (i.e. you only get a new
instance if you use -i).

Best regards.