[Geany-devel] multiple instance save-settings - Re: Race condition when saving geany.conf

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at xxxxx
Tue Mar 2 12:36:48 UTC 2010

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 09:05:12 +1100%
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> As I implied in my comment on another message, my use case was to
> have the filemanager programmed to start a new instance if I double
> click to look at a file so it doesn't interfere with my "main"
> instance.  I know the socket system was intended to cause exactly the
> opposite but I've always been a contrary sorta person ;-)

It seems to me that there should be some way (maybe specific to a
particular filemanager) to define command-line arguments for a command
used to open files. Thus, you can set "geany -i" instead of "geany".
The only problem is to discover that way (after you know it indeed
exists).

Best regards,
Eugene.