[Geany-devel] dialog button text - Re: [Patch] - Fix keyboard accelerator on Resave Missing File dialog.

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Mar 2 12:16:08 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 13:07:55 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, since the question is "Try to resave the file?" I'd suggest that
> GTK_STOCK_YES and GTK_STOCK_NO be used since they are a more direct answer
> to the question than apply/cancel are.  And that makes the mnemonics
> different.
>
> What do others think?

I don't like Yes/No button text, and IIUC is counter to the Gnome HIG.
I think to save the text should be 'Save', as on Windows for
repetitive things I don't always read the message text and have
sometimes pressed the wrong yes/no/ok button.

BTW I'm not worried about mnemonic conflicts, it's not like it
activates the wrong button, just means you have more buttons to press.

Regards,
Nick