[Geany-devel] configurable status line?

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Jun 29 17:06:08 UTC 2010

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 21:41:17 +0400
Eugene Arshinov <earshinov at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Personally I find the total number of lines quite useful - it tells
> > you quickly how big the file is. Also the space "wasted" by its
> > presence is relatively small because it shares the caption with the
> > current line number. For me the least useful information is the
> > INS/OVR indication because this is already indicated by the cursor.
> > But in general I find the current state of the status bar OK.
> >
> > Jiri
> >

> I second that.  From my opinion:
> - number of lines indication may be useful;

Ok, I suppose so.

> - INS/OVR indication is probably excessive;

I decided to keep it by default, partly as gedit does this but also you
might be more likely to notice quicker if you accidentally hit the
'insert' key.

> - current state is ok, it's not so overcrowded.

OK, no changes made to default. It's now configurable so just showing
RO instead of INS/OVR is possible, with space saving when not RO.

Thanks for the comments.

Regards,
Nick