[Geany-devel] configurable status line?

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Jun 29 12:16:59 UTC 2010

(The list seems to not be sending mails ATM, so sorry if I missed any
reply.)

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 11:42:01 +0100
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> > > To preserve the status bar speed, I used only g_string_append(), as in
> > > the current code, instead of utils_string_replace_all(). There are more
> > > _append calls, but that can't be avoided.
> >
> > Not sure that's necessary, I think it would be cleaner using
> > utils_string_replace_first().
>
> Your approach is probably good, but I'll move the switch loop into a
> separate function.
>
> > Also you need to preserve all comments as they are for the translators.
>
> Here I noticed the RO comment got lost, I'll add it again.

Applied now with some changes in SVN, thanks.

Restored translator comments.
I moved MOD and added spaces after it (like existing behaviour).
I combined encoding and bom (like existing behaviour).
I changed some format specifiers (we can use capitals too).
For modularity, I used the load-settings signal to read the setting.

Regards,
Nick