[Geany-devel] configurable status line?

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Sat Jun 26 18:31:12 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 18:27, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 17:58:11 +0100
> Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 19:31:03 +0300
>> Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi, everyone,
>> >
>> > The status line is pretty crowded, as you know, so how about making it
>> > configurable? Something like:
>> >
>> > line: %l / %n\t col: %c\t sel: %s ...
>> >
>> > I can write it, if you think that's a good idea.
>>
>> I don't think it's worth it.
>
> OK, having thought more about it I think it could be configurable as a
> hidden pref. That way we can hide any less generally useful things like
> line count by default.

Personally I find the total number of lines quite useful - it tells
you quickly how big the file is. Also the space "wasted" by its
presence is relatively small because it shares the caption with the
current line number. For me the least useful information is the
INS/OVR indication because this is already indicated by the cursor.
But in general I find the current state of the status bar OK.

Jiri