[Geany-devel] Find in files - Re: Patches required by gproject

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Jun 22 16:54:28 UTC 2010

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 16:48:29 +0100
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> > To me it looks much easier to use what's already present in grep right
> > now and if this isn't satisfactory, it could be reimplemented the way
> > you propose in the future. In addition if no patterns are specified,
> > geany will behave the same way it did until now so there is a sane
> > fallback solution for people with very old grep.
>
> Let's use --include then if the user ticks a checkbox. That way a
> non-gnu system will still be able to do non-recursive all files search.

BTW I've just added a dummy Files checkbox and combobox to the dialog in
SVN, and will continue tomorrow (unless anyone objects).

Regards,
Nick