[Geany-devel] [Geany] [ANNOUNCE] gproject - yet another geany project plugin

Hans☣Peter Sarstrom hans-peter at xxxxx
Mon Jun 14 20:19:49 UTC 2010

Hi.

I am surprised that no one has commented on this yet. I took the time to
compile and
try this out (the full package) and I'm impressed. The one thing that has
been lacking
in geany since forever is proper project support.

I've been trying your features for a couple of days and I feel that it has
improved my
work flow significantly (mostly the jump to project file thingy).
I also like the colored change bar, but I wish it would work with version
control systems.

There are bugs that I discovered. Mainly crashes (try jumping to a file from
a file outside of the project).
But as a whole I would really like to see these API changes implemented so
that these features
could be provided as plugins for the official distribution.

Keep up the good work!

/hps

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 23:38, Jiří Techet <techet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to announce yet another project management plugin for
> geany. The main reason behind its creation is that I work with
> thousands of source files and the session-based "project" geany uses
> isn't sufficient for my purpose. I also had a look at geanyprj and
> while I like some of the ideas behind it, there are some things that
> don't fit my needs so I decided to create a new plugin (even though I
> took geanyprj as a base of the plugin, it has been completely
> rewritten). The things similar to geanyprj are:

O\