[Geany-devel] save all on build - Re: Patches required by gproject

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Jun 18 17:22:24 UTC 2010

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 21:42:59 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I remember there was some discussion about saving everything when I
> >> started the build system changes.  I don't remember why it wasn't
> >> done. Can anyone think of a reason to not save all files? If no one
> >> can then I'll consider it a bug.
> >
> > What if you didn't want all the files saved? I think it's safe to save
> > the current file as the user is currently looking at it. But they may
> > have modified other files they haven't decided to save yet.
>
> Well until the Geany mind reading module is perfected... :-)
>
> I guess the usual answer, add a preference setting.  I really find it
> a @#$%^ nuisance when I forget to save all the files I want to compile
> :-(

I don't think it's a good pref for Geany to save all open files. This
pref is perhaps better suited only for files in the current project's
path.

Regards,
Nick