[Geany-devel] Git switch

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Sun Jun 13 12:38:13 UTC 2010

Am 13.06.2010 14:22, schrieb Enrico Tröger:
> Well, if Frank doesn't want to and Nick doesn't mind, we maybe can
> indeed save us the whole trouble of discussing about switching :).
>

> Btw, my personal opinion on switching or not doesn't count much at all.
> The amount of future commits by me will be very small.
>
> Regards,
> Enrico

What would switching actually involve? We could just take over the git
mirror which contains the svn history as well, so I expect the actual
switch to be little work.

IMO sticking to svn doesn't make sense considering that most
contributors seem to use git (and git-svn). git-svn has a lot of
drawbacks and its slowness is hugely annoying especially when paired
with the slow sf svn servers for me. I am generally unhappy with svn and
git-svn.

Best regards.